Responsible for setting up, tearing down, and maintenance of extrusion tooling and downstream equipment. Producing and inspecting quality products following company procedures and work instructions.
The Production Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Light to moderate physical effort required. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.
Include the following: (additional duties may be assigned as required.)
1. Skill and knowledge in set-up, teardown, and maintenance of extrusion tooling. Knowledge of plastics material including identification, processing characteristics, and regrind system. Responsible for the set-up and operation of single and twin screw extruders, auxiliary and downstream equipment including:
2. Ability to operate forklift
3. Produce quality products following extrusion set-up sheets, company procedures, and work instructions.
4. Complete extrusion dimensional charts, check sheets, and required documentation. Responsible for the updating of set-up sheets and documentation as required.
5. Ability to inspect parts per the specification sheet requirements using:
6. Troubleshoot extrusion problems including providing assistance to associates on other extrusion lines when needed.
7. Contribute ideas to improve the efficiency of operations and quality of products.
8. Participate in solving problems and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
9. General housekeeping of plant and maintenance of equipment.
10. Making cartons, skids, and tooling preparation for the next extrusion order.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wisconsin Plastic Products, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is the company's policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including upgrading, promotion and training, and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law.